Thursday, January 3, 2008

It's a Girl!



Beyani River Coquia was born at 10:34 pm on January 1. She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and measured 17 1/2 inches at birth. She's very cute! It was a long, hard labor and Beyani had some trouble breathing on her own, so they took her to the special care nursery. They released me this evening (Jan 3), but will keep her another day or two to monitor her first feedings and make sure she's ok. We hope to have her home sometime this weekend, and will keep everyone updated, but she seems really strong and healthy. Sarah (her auntie and godmother) was there for the birth and took lots of pictures for us!



love, Krista & James

5 comments:

DAS Illustration said...

COngratulations!!!!!!!!!! She is an Angel!!! So cute!
You two will be great parents!
We're right behind you - due next month!!
Love you guys,
Jenn and Doug

Anonymous said...

she is absolutly gorgeous!!!! :) i can't wait till i go go there and see her!! she's so big!! congrats!!! we love all of you so much!!
love, lolo, lola, jon, and jackie!!

Unknown said...

She's sooo cute! I have so many cute clothes for her -I'm sending them out with mom along with you and Sarah's belated christmas presents that are still sitting under my christmas tree :) I've been really busy working at my super awesome new job, thanks for all the career clothes! Sorry I couldn't come out. I love the pictures, keep em coming! Love you!
Auntie Beth

Claushah said...

Congratulations!!!!! OMG! She is beautiful. I could have sworn that last we talked, I thought you would be having a C-Section, awesome that wasn't the case.

Can't wait to see the family with my own eyes. Hopefully soon.

I love you guys!
~Rachel

Stephanie Soldner Sullivan said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful.Welcome to a whole new wonderful life. What is your address? I have something I'd like to send you. Fondly, Stephanie S